DUST APPLICATION SENSORS
As the UK’s leading industrial position sensor manufacturer, Positek supplies a number of rotary sensors suited for applications that are exposed to combustible dust and other dust hazards.
Our sensors, which offer explosive dust protection, operate on the basis of intrinsic safety. Using a galvanically isolated three port amplifier, our intrinsically safe systems restrict the flow of electrical energy into a hazardous area, eliminating the threat of a dust explosion by ensuring any sparks created are insufficient to cause ignition.
All of our intrinsically safe sensors have met various dust explosion classification standards, having earned one of more of the following certifications:
• ATEX approval
• IECEx approval
• CSA approval.
Applications in woodworking, recycling and chemical manufacturing are just a handful of those that can produce potentially combustible dust. In fact, any workplace that generates dust is potentially at risk of a dust explosion, and must implement only machinery that has met the necessary hazardous area classification standards.
With over 25 years’ experience in rotary position sensor design, Positek has the flexibility to customise any sensor within our range to meet your specification. We offer a free design service, and unlike with many rvdt manufacturers, all of our products are customised on site. This means your personalised IECEx, ATEX, or CSA approved sensor could be shipped out to you in as little as 1-2 working days.
What sort of project requires a Dust Application Sensor?
There several activities that are required to use Dust Application Sensor. Some are enumerated below:
- Synthetic Production. Most of the time, this industry produces plastic, rubber and other man made products that are known to be highly flammable.
- Mining Environment. Mining of coal leads to the production of coal dust. If exposed to outside air, it may cause a sudden explosion which is harmful not only to the workers but to the environment as well.
- Woodworking. The frequent cut, grind and polish of wood creates a huge amount of sawdust which can easily create fire if exposed to heat.
- Recycling Industry. Since they handle various kinds of materials, it easily produces combustible dust during processing, sorting, handling and transporting.
To what standards are our intrinsically safe sensors protective from dust?
Positek provides various kinds of rotary position sensors that are made to eliminate the risk of dust explosion in a dust environment. Our intrinsically safe rotary sensors are approved by IECEX, ATEX and CSA. With the use of galvanically isolated 3-port amplifier, our intrinsically safe equipment reduces electrical energy which reduces the risk of combustion by guaranteeing that there is not enough sparks that may initiate ignition.
Positek’s Dust Application Sensors certificates are as follows:
- ISO9001: 2015 Quality Assurance
- ATEX Quality Assurance Notification4
- Sensor ATEX Intrinsic Safety Certificate
- Galvanic Isolation Amplifier ATEX Intrinsic Safety Certificate
- Sensor IECEX Certificate
- Galvanic Isolation Amplifier IECEX certificate
- Sensors CSA Certificate
- Galvanic Isolation Amplifier CSA Certificate
These certificates only prove that Positek’s Dust Application Sensors have met the necessary requirements and can operate even after being exposed to the harshest environment.
I need a Dust Application Sensor in a specific size, is this possible?
Yes, it is possible. Below shows the list of our intrinsically safe sensors in various sizes.
- E100 Cylinder Linear Position Sensor – measurement varies from 0-5 mm to 0-800 mm with a body diameter of 35 mm.
- E101 Stand Alone Linear Position Sensor – measurement ranges from 0-5 mm to 0-800 mm with a body diameter of 35 mm
- E103 Short Stroke Linear Position Sensor – measurement range from 0-2 mm to 0-55 mm with a body diameter of 35 mm
- E114 Submersible (IP68) Stand Alone Linear Position Sensor -- measurement ranges from 0-5 mm to 0-800 mm with a body diameter of 35 mmE111 Rugged Stand Alone Linear Position Sensor -- measurement ranges from 0-5 mm to 0-800 mm with a body diameter of 35 mm
These are just some of the sizes we offer but if you don’t find the size you need, we can create a rotary position sensor in your desired size.